Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Makes Me Wonder...

Old business: Thanks to everyone who commented and/or emailed me about my little melt-down yesterday. I feel much better today and had a positive session with the therapist. Crying allowed me to detox the bad and prepare myself for the "good". Change is coming and better days are on the horizon for me.

New business: Someone very special to me, once told me that creative folk like myself, are often times the most depressed creatures on the planet! lol No really, he said that. I asked him if he had something to back up his "theory" but he said, "No, but look at Ernest Hemingway - a drunk, William Shakespeare -a neurotic romantic, John Belushi -a heroine addict, Andy Gibb (Andy Gibb??? lol) -drug addict." I was impressed at how easily he rattled off all of those people! But I wonder how much truth there is to his statement. Maybe it's because our creativity drives us to look beyond the surface, to think outside the box as it were. I do think that it is a plausible notion, don't you? I mean, I'm slightly neurotic, obsessive-compulsive, moody at times and always thinking crazy stuff!

Hmm, something to ponder on this Tuesday evening.

2 comments:

Belle said...

I've heard before that creative people are more neurotic than other people, but I don't know. I've got tons of neurotic relatives who are not creative at all, just crazy!

Yvonne said...

Ha! I have downright insane people in my family and not one of them is artistic at all!!!!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...