Saturday, September 25, 2010

"I Get By With A Little Help From My Friends"

I realized tonight how lucky I am to have the friends that I have in my life. I realized that although my emotional state is not so stable right now, the one thing that is stable (aside from my family) are my friends. I am blessed and very fortunate to know a lot of people, I have many acquaintances, but I can count my friends with one hand. They are exclusive, and they mean the world to me. I especially love that they don't sugar-coat anything and they tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear. Sure, they can be brutal sometimes, but hey, that's what they're there for right? Absolutely!

My life would not be the same without my freinds, and for that, I am grateful.

2 comments:

Shady Del Knight said...

ITA. In this modern world you can quickly and easily build a long list of "friends" on social networking sites. It's meaningless. I call them "click on" friends. You can have hundreds of these so-called friends without ever knowing their real names or getting to know anything about them. Like you, I can count on one hand my true friends. You are very wise to understand that a real friend doesn't always agree with you. If they really care about you they will give it to you straight, not sugar coated. Sometimes when it's empathy and hand holding that you crave, what you really need is a reality check. That's what friends are for.

Yvonne said...

Exactly!

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...