Thursday, September 30, 2010

Counting Sheep

What is it with people and insomnia? I'm including myself in this bunch by the way! I just logged off of Facebook and it's a little after 1:00 a.m. here, yet I noticed that there were several people still online! And by reading their statuses, 90 % of them are awake because they can't sleep. My state of bewilderment is with the fact that so many of us are still awake. Now grant it, I know that some people work late hours or shift work, and others don't have to be up early. But what about those of us that do have to be up early? Are we all suffering from insomnia? And if we are? Why??? Is life so chaotic that it's affecting our time to rest? Our sleep? I know that whenever I am stressed or worried or after a late night out, I can't fall right to sleep. So I come here, to my local hangout. It's always open and someone always knows your name! But seriously, what's up with us insomniacs?

I've tried all the remedies, the warm milk, the soothing ambience in the bedroom, the soft music, the hitting my head on against the wall. (not really, just went for dramatics!) It's just crazy!

Sleep, wherefore art thou sleep?

2 comments:

Belle said...

My daughter is with a guy who sleeps maybe 2 or 3 hours a night. He has even gone to a sleep clinic. He just can't turn his brain off. He worries. I just keep reading till i fall asleep, I guess I told you that before. It is the only thing that works for me.
I hope you get to sleep soon.

Don said...

Sexual activity is a great stress reliever and has been known to even put a lot of men to sleep…..or so I’ve heard. :-)

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...