Thursday, August 30, 2007

Small talk

I went out on Saturday night and met up with some friends! Good times. Well, during this little soiree a male friend asked me how it felt to be single and 40... Now, normally I would have given him a smart-ass response because his question would have pissed me off.. But, I was feeling pretty mellow and had a nice buzz going (Thank you Cesar for those yummy mojitos!!) I thought about my response and finally answered his question.

"Well _________, I can have the remote all to myself. I don't have to rush home to cook for anyone else. I can come and go as I please. I don't have to take anyone else's feelings into consideration but my own. I can sleep on either side of the bed. I have the Sunday paper all to myself -ahhh bliss! I can sleep around if I choose to..." His eyebrow went up. A-ha! I had his attention now!! "What?" He asked, his eyes twinkling I could almost see the lusty thoughts going on in his feeble little mind. Men are so simple. So anyway, I smiled back at him and said, "Well, men have been doing it for years and years. Sleeping around. Wham, bam thank you mam! And sometimes NOT EVEN a "thank you mam"!!! So why can't women do it? I don't have children or a husband or a boyfriend. I have no one to answer to but myself. If I want to have sex with men from here to Dallas and back why can't I?" He looked at me for a long time and said, "You're right. You are absolutely right." Then he proceeds to ask me out. Hahha! That's so NOT going to happen. As a single female (forty or not!) I still have the choice to say yay or nay. I voted no and told him so. He looked disappointed but regrouped and then said, "So how about we just have sex?" He was smiling in what he thought was sooooo sexy to him...Silly boy. I flirtingly smiled at him and in my sexiest voice told him I was not interested, but thanks and off I went in search of another mojito.

No comments:

Chapter 56

The sunlight peeping through the curtains, stir her from her sleep.  Her eyes open and she rubs them a bit before sitting up in bed.  Eyes n...